The Media Office of Hizb-ut-Tahrir in Palestine (HTP) announced that the marches and gatherings organised today, 23rd July 2010, in the cities and towns of the West Bank and in Masjid ul Aqsa, all took place successfully; speeches were delivered at the gatherings, with the black shahadah flags raised and areas reverberated with the echoing chants for the Khilafah.
The Media Office noted previously that HTP had announced in a press release following the Authority preventing its Conference in Ramallah that, “indeed we give assurance to the Authority… that its repressive measures will not prevent us from carrying the da’wa, and we will continue our activities, pressing forward to raise the word of Truth and proclaim it openly. Engaging in our activities in commemoration of the destruction of the Khilafah, or in other matters, is both our right and a Shariah obligation, which we practise in response to the command of Allah, Owner of the Heavens and the Earth. We will announce at the appropriate time, with the Will of Allah, the steps we will take to emphasise this right of ours.”
The Media Office source noted additionally that the marches and gatherings departed after Jumu’ah prayers, in Masjid al Aqsa, al-‘Ayzariyyah, al-Khalil (and their surrounding villages), Nablus, Qalandiya, Ramallah, Birzeit, Qalqiliya, Bethlehem (and her villages), Tulkarm, Jenin, Silah, Bidyah (in Salfit district) and other cities, towns and villages in the West Bank.
Speakers at the events focused on the following points in their speeches,
“We in Hizb-ut-Tahrir, in the light of the repression and arrests undertaken by both the West Bank Authority and the Gaza Authority, to prevent the activities organised by Hizb-ut-Tahrir in commemoration of the destruction of the Khilafah, duly emphasise the following points:
1. These repressive, criminal measures will not affect the strength of the activists of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, nor will they prevent the Hizb pressing forward to build and raise the fortress of Khilafah, the source of hope for the Ummah.
2. We will not surrender our obligation and our Shariah right to raise our voices with the Truth, and we are prepared to expend our souls in that path, and for this the call of Truth will continue to reverberate throughout the land, in spite of the oppressors.
3. We say to the Gaza Authority, we truly hope that the prevention of our festival was merely a local (but enormous) error, for which it will make amends. We say to the Ramallah Authority, you prevented our conference in Ramallah, so we in place of that have organised tens of massed gatherings in the length and breadth of the land.
4. We warn this band of oppressors of the consequences of blocking the Path of Allah and fighting the Deen of Allah, and we recite to them the speech of Allah ta’ala, ‘Indeed those who oppose Allah and his Messenger – those will be among the most humiliated. Allah has written, ‘I will surely overcome, I and My Messengers. Indeed Allah is Qawee, Azeez*’.
5. We also direct this message to the major powers, which are carrying out a global war against the Khilafah and those working for it. We say this to them:
The determination of the truthful da’wa carriers cannot be weakened by the blows of your allies and agents from the tyrant rulers. All your conspiracies, plots and plans will not give rise except to destruction, ‘Indeed the plot of Shaitan is feeble**’.”
The Media Office added that the security services arrived at the locations of the marches and gatherings as they were concluding. They arrested more than 10 supporters of the Hizb from the gatherings and in homes, they have continued house raid and attempted arrests in numerous areas of the West Bank.
* Sourat ul-Mujadilah, ayahs 20 & 21
** Sourat un-Nisaa’, ayah 76
Picture Gallery(Click on any image to start slide show):